One way to boost your employees’ productivity is of course – salary increase. While this method may disrupt the current flow of your finances’ situations, this is very effective at least temporarily. If this method doesn’t suits you may at least use another way to encourage the morale of your workers. You have to be creative and considerable on thinking over what makes your employees tick. You have learn to be thoughtful to them and get to know them better in order to make effect whatever you use to motivate your employees without the money. Here are some:
1. Give credits. Employees appreciate it the most when you give recognition when something is accomplished successfully. Announce it to everyone and give credits. A cheer is a simple joy employees need to love their work and keep going. You might also add it up with a pizza treat or something.
2. Enhance their workplace. Employees are inspired when everything around them is new, light, and airy. Shift their tables and cubicles and make the environment open with light and color radiating from all sides to exude positive energy. And also, maybe the computer that they’re using is obsolete and needs enhancement too!
3. Meet Financial Needs. This can be hard on you but you need to soften up with the idea of cash advances. Give credit by signing the cash advance that they are requesting. During school days, they might need educational assistance with their kids so offer some help. But of course, they’re going to be working for it as a salary deduction.
4. Ask politely. Don’t demand a certain work for them to do. Sometimes an employees feel devaluated when you tend to boss around them. Be kind and simply ask them when handing over assignments. It also applies when you need to cover some ideas head on. It is for them to feel that they are part of a team and not just a puppet.
5. Conduct team building outings. Energize the team you have. Team building activities create good relationships between your workers while having fun. This can be done with their respective families. After the so many hardships and stressful works they did, this is a sure way to refuel their energy and creative ideas. To be a great leader, you have to ensure that your worker is loving the job they’re doing and the people they have to work with.
Treat people with respect. That is the greatest reward you could ever give to anyone. Conduct criticism without hurting your workers feelings. Clarify expectations first and foremost and do not negate anything that they do. When a situation arise that there is a need to counteract something, it is best done with proper communications. Inappropriate controlling behavior towards your workers leaves them being discouraged and would feel unappreciated. It damages trust and sincerity that is vital in achieving rapport with your team.